TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — After being swept on the road at No. 1 Texas last weekend, Alabama baseball returns to Sewell-Thomas Stadium on Tuesday to start a 10-game home stand.
After starting the season 5-0, the three losses at Texas now has the Crimson Tide sitting at a 5-3 overall record. Its opponent, UT Martin, brings with it a 2-4 overall record.
Follow along below for live updates, stats and analysis as Alabama baseball looks to get back on track against the Skyhawks.
FINAL: UT Martin 7, Alabama 6
- Jarvis advanced home on a sac-fly by Denton. 7-6 UT Martin. Two out.
- Williamson fled out to left field, but Jarvis was able to advance to third, beating the throw.
- Jarvis walked, then advanced to second on a wild pitch.
MID 9: UT Martin 7, Alabama 5
- UT Martin hit its fourth home run of the game, this time a two-run shot into the playground in left field. 7-5 Skyhawks.
- Hunter Furtado struck out the first batter. One out.
- Tamez is now catching for Alabama. He started the game at DH.
END 8: Alabama 5, UT Martin 5
- A promising start to the inning, but Alabama leaves one runner stranded. We head into the ninth tied.
- Rose singled to center field, but Seidl was tagged out at third base while trying to grab an extra base. Runner on first, one out.
- Landon Green and Brock Guffey are in the bullpen for Alabama.
- Seidl leads off the side with a single to right-center field. Runner on first, nobody out.
MID 8: Alabama 5, UT Martin 5
- Nothing doing for the Skyhawks in the top of the eighth.
END 8: Alabama 5, UT Martin 5
- A two-run blast into the Right Field Ragers by Zane Denton ties the ball game.
MID 7: UT Martin 5, Alabama 3
- Hunter Furtado will replace Myers on the mound. Myers threw five pitches, allowing a home run and a double.
- Self cranks a solo home run into the Alabama bullpen. 5-3 UT Martin.
- RHP Braylon Myers will replace Gainey on the mound. Final line for Gainey: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 35 TP.
END 6: UT Martin 4, Alabama 3
- Portera grounded out to end the inning. Alabama left three runners stranded.
- Baylor Jones will replace Trey Ricko on the mound for UT Martin.
- Pinckney drew a full count walk to load the bases for Portera. Still two out.
- Rose drew a walk to put runner on the corners for Pinckney. Two out.
- After beating out a bunt to third base for an infield single, Seidl stole second, then advanced to third on a wild pitch. Runner on third, two out.
MID 6: UT Martin 4, Alabama 3
- Back-to-back solo home runs by the Skyhawks put UT Martin back on top.
END 5: Alabama 3, UT Martin 2
- Denton grounded out to end the inning.
- Williamson drives in Pinckny from second base with a two-out single. Alabama takes a 3-2 lead.
- A sac-fly RBI by Jarvis ties the game at 2-2.
MID 5: UT Martin 2, Alabama 1
- Side is retired on order by Gainey.
END 4: UT Martin 2, Alabama 1
- Tamez is thrown out while attempting to steal third base for the final out of the inning.
- Tamez doubled to center field to start things off. Runner on second, nobody out for Alabama.
MID 4: UT Martin 2, Alabama 1
- Nothing doing for the Skyhawks in the fourth as the side is retired 1-2-3 by Gainey.
- New pitcher for Alabama: RHP Brayden Gainey. Final line for Ruth: 1.0 IP, 1 K, 2 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 24 TP.
END 3: UT Martin 2, Alabama 1
- UT Martin delves into the bullpen for the first time today, replacing starter RHP Noah Walters with RHP Rhett Fetner.
- Williamson doubled off of the wall in left center field. Runner on second, two out.
- Pinckney hit a solo home run directly over the yellow line in center field.
MID 3: UT Martin 2, Alabama 0
- A double scored a run for the Skyhawks. Runners on second and third with one out. A sac-fly RBI adds another run.
- Ruth pitched eight balls out of his first 10 pitches, resulting in runners on first and second with nobody out.
- Ruth has entered the game for Banks on the mound. Final line for Banks: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 17 TP.
END 2: Alabama 0, UT Martin 0
- Alabama leaves a runner stranded. Still no score through two innings.
- RHP Hunter Ruth is already warming up in the bullpen for the Crimson Tide.
- Dominic Tamez, who is playing DH rather than catcher this afternoon, picks up an infield single for the first hit of the game for either side. Runner on first, nobody out.
MID 2: Alabama 0, UT Martin 0
- Another 1-2-3 inning for Banks, and the Skyhawks have yet to earn themselves a baserunner.
END 1: Alabama 0, UT Martin
- Denton flew out to left field. Collection over.
- Williamson followed Jarvis up with another groundout, this time to 2B rather than 3B.
- Jarvis grounded out to start off the Crimson Tide.
MID 1: Alabama 0, UT Martin 0
- A 1-2-3 inning for Hagan Banks starts us off here at The Joe. Alabama bats are coming up next.
- See the starting lineup for Alabama baseball at the bottom of this page.
- Starting lineup for the UT Martin Skyhawks:
- Today’s umpires: Todd Agee, HP; Morris Hodges, 1B; Kevin Bradley, 2B; Jeff Head, 3B.
Alabama Baseball Starting Lineup
Starting Pitcher: Hagan Banks, RHP