TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — After bouncing back on Wednesday with an 8-1 win over Troy, Alabama baseball will look to keep its bats hot in its three-game series against Murray State this weekend.
On the season, the Crimson Tide is 6-4 through its first 10 games, with three of its losses being its sweep by No. 1 Texas on the road last weekend. Alabama’s fourth loss was also this week, a 7-6 game against UT Martin.
Murray State, on the other hand, is 8-0 to start the season. The Racers started the season with a three-game sweep of Butler before besting Northern Illinois in four games. A 13-7 win over Bellarmine made up Murray State’s eighth win. It should be noted, though, that this weekend’s series at Alabama will be the first road games that the Racers have played this season.
Follow along below for live updates, stats and analysis as the Crimson Tide host the Racers in Friday’s Game 1:
FINAL: Alabama 5, Murray State 0
- Nothing doing for the Racers in their final inning at the plate.
END 8: Alabama 5, Murray State 1
- Seidl singled to short. Runner on first, one out. It should be noted that Seidl will likely finish hitting the game 3-for-4, and is now batting .485 on the season.
MID 8: Alabama 5, Murray State 1
- Garner hit a solo home run deep into the Right Field Ragers, giving Murray State its first run of the game. The Ragers responded in kind by throwing the ball back onto the field. 5-1 Alabama.
END 7: Alabama 5, Murray State 0
- Jarvis appeared to be caught stealing at second, but Alabama coach Brad Bohannon challenged the call at the behest of Jarvis. After review, the call stood. One out, base clear.
- Jarvis singled to right center.
MID 7: Alabama 5, Murray State 0
- Ray struck out the side. Three up, three down.
- Final line for McMillan: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K, 91 TP.
- Ray replaces McMillan on the mound.
END 6: Alabama 5, Murray State 0
- Diodati singled up the middle, bringing Pinckney across the plate. 5-0 Alabama.
- Final line for Wynja: 5.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 0 BB, 4 K, 82 TP.
- New pitcher for Murray State: Jacob Pennington.
- Pinckney tripled off of the wall in left field. Runner on third, nobody out.
- Leadoff solo home run for Seidl puts Alabama up 4-0.
MID 6: Alabama 3, Murray State 0
- McMillan struck out the side, bringing his K counter to seven on the afternoon.
- Dylan Ray is now warming up in the bullpen for Alabama.
END 5: Alabama 3, Murray State 0
- Nothing doing for Alabama in the fifth as the Crimson Tide batters were retired in order.
MID 5: Alabama 3, Murray State 0
- Alabama’s second double play of the game seemingly ends things in the fifth. Murray State head coach Dan Skirka challenges the play, believing that Seth Gardner was safe at second. The call on the field was confirmed, and the side was retired, but not after a lengthy discussion between Skirka and the umpires present.
END 4: Alabama 3, Murray State 0
- Jarvis fled out to left field, Rose is left stranded on second.
- Rose stole second base. Runner on second, two out for Jarvis.
- Rose singled past the first baseman, Pinckney scored from third. 3-0 Alabama.
- Diodati grounded out to second, Pinckney advances to second. One out.
- Pinckney singled to third base. Nobody out.
MID 4: Alabama 2, Murray State 0
- Murray State got one baserunner due to a throwing error by Williamson, but McMillan got through the inning.
END 3: Alabama 2, Murray State 0
- Williamson recorded an infield single, Jarvis to third. Two down, runners at the corners.
- Denton just crushed a pitch that normally would have gone for a home run, but the wind blowing in from left field caused the ball to fall about a foot shy of the left-field wall and into the fielder’s glove for the out.
- Jarvis reached on a bunt with a throwing error by the pitcher. Runner on first, nobody out.
MID 3: Alabama 2, Murray State 0
- Nothing doing for the Racers in the third. McMillan now has three strikeouts on the game.
END 2: Alabama 2, Murray State 0
- Pinckney scored on a wild pitch. 2-0 Alabama.
- Diodati singled to right-center field, but is tagged out at second. Seidl scored, Pinckney advanced to third. 1-0 Alabama.
- Pinckney singles between shortstop and third base. Runners on first and second, nobody out for Diodati.
- Seidl drops one into center field for a lead-off single. Runner on first, nobody out for Pinckney.
MID 2: Alabama 0, Murray State 0
- Three up, three down for McMillan in the second. Still scoreless heading into Alabama’s side of the inning.
END 1: Alabama 0, Murray State 0
- Alabama leaves Tamez stranded. End of the inning.
- An error charged to the third baseman gets Tamez to first base. Runner on first, one out.
MID 1: Alabama 0, Murray State 0
- McMillan gave up a single to start the inning, but a double play and a strikeout retires the side.
- Today’s umpires: Derek Mollica, HP; Morris Hodges, 1B; Ray Gregson, 2B; Mark Chapman, 3B.
- Alabama baseball’s starting lineup can be viewed below.
- Weather conditions: 82 degrees Fahrenheit, sunny without a cloud to be seen.
- Murray State starting lineup:
- While Murray State hasn’t played a road game yet this season, its offense is still impressive. Through the team’s first eight games, it’s averaging 12.88 runs per game. It’s biggest win was a 25-12 win over Butler.
Alabama Baseball Starting Lineup
Starting Pitcher: Garrett McMillan, RHP