Palo Alto, CA, USLocation:
Fri, Mar 4 ’22Posted on:
Field Architecture (FIELD) is an award-winning firm based in Palo Alto, with innovative projects and engaged clients across diverse regions of California and beyond. We are looking for a talented individual to contribute to inspired project design and development. Our ideal candidate is both creative and technically minded, highly motivated, self-reliant, and a life learner. Our work environment is casual yet stimulating, with direct interface with the firm’s principals and project teams, and exposure to all phases of design and construction. Mentorship is part of our ethos, and we seek candidates who demonstrate leadership in an area of expertise about which they are passionate.
We primarily aim to create an architecture that is congruous with the site and fosters a connection between people and land. Whether through conversation, drawing or model, our designs are born from a dialogue that is infused with optimism and sensitivity.
FIELD is seeking a Junior Project Manager with at least 4-7 years of architectural experience to join our diverse and talented team. Past residential work should include experience in all phases, including construction.
- Create and contribute to inspired project design and development
- Drawing set production and development and coordination of Revit model
- Project management on small project(s) – interact with the project team members to ensure smooth work-flow and track project progress with responsibilities including:
- Responsible for day-to-day relationship with clients
- Coordinate and interface with consultants
- Take part in interaction with various jurisdictions
- Work with project teams on successful project delivery
- Creating, editing and managing working drawings and construction documents
- Code research and application of code in concert with Project Architect
- Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on sustainability and innovation
- Maintain relationships with clients, contractors, and consultants to provide a high level of service
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited program
- Licensed architect or on license track in California
- 4 to 7 years of architectural practice experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of projects
- Ability to develop details, and experienced in the production of construction documents
- 3-5 years of direct experience with document production, consultant coordination, and management of junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to control project scope, schedule, and budget
- Working knowledge of the California Building Code
- Expertise developing models in Revit
- LEED Accreditation desired, but at minimum, a demonstrated commitment to building sustainable environments is required
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Hands on approach and flexibility are a must
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to efficiently interface with project team and clients and contribute to a positive, energized working environment
- Shows initiative, pro-activity, and pride in their work
- Compensation is commensurate with education, professional experience, and demonstrated skills.
- FIELD offers a benefits package including:
- Paid Health and Dental Insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution
- PTO/personal time off and paid holidays
- Continuing Education Funds and ARE, CSE, and LEED exam reimbursements
- Participation in award-winning projects
- Motivated and qualified employees who excel will have an opportunity to advance toward an associate track and leadership role.
- Work in a hybrid mode is anticipated well beyond the current pandemic, allowing flexibility to work primarily from home yet to collaborate in office for charrettes or during critical deadlines.
- Proximity to the Bay Area is essential to allow for site visits and collaboration in person.
View your Application History
Back to Job List…