Up and at ’em, Sachem! Here’s everything you need to know to get this Tuesday started off right.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and breezy. High: 55 Low: 36.
Here are the top 4 stories in Sachem today:
- Sagamore and Seneca Middle School students celebrate Mardi Gras. †As part of the activities, student completed essays, sampled a traditional Mardi Gras cake called king cake, and created Mardi Gras masks to use at their masquerade ball.” (Press Release Desk)
- Brookhaven Town joins Long Island Cares Pet Food Drive. The Town of Brookhaven will be joining the pet food drive, which takes place from March 21 to April 22. Food donated will be given to families who need help supplying for their pets† All locations you can donated are listed in the link! (press release desk)
- Adoptable pets at local shelters this week. Every week we bring you a list of these adorable animals ready for adoption at local Sachem shelters† Each year 6 million pets are available for adoption, with only half finding a forever home. Take a look at the list and click on any animal’s name to learn more information. Check out Nebula, Allie, Sophie and more this week! (Sachem Patch)
- Check out who’s hiring in the Huntington area. Each week we collaborate with ZipRecruiter to bring you a list of all companies hiring in the Sachem area† This week’s list is a long one, with plenty of employment opportunities. Take a look at the list and if you see a job you’re interested in, click on it for more information!(Sachem Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner† We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- Sachem Library: the April digital newsletter from the library is now available† You can head to their website and download it today! (Facebook)
- Sachem SEPTA: The Inclusion Resource Fair will be held on Saturday April 2 at 11 am Families and caregivers of special needs children, teens, and adults can speak to local organizations that can help them with their services† (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Sachem Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
- Send me a news tip or suggestion at Sachem@patch.com
That’s it for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
† Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!